Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ode To My Eight-Legged Friend


Once upon a time, there was a spider who lived a long, happy life. 
Here is his life story. 

Harold was a spider, he was my spider friend. 
He lived a long and happy life, all the way until the end. 

The first time I saw Harold, he was sitting in the corner...
Of my bathroom ceiling, he was quite the loner. 

I looked at him while in the shower, and we became good friends...
But, when I got out, I moved on with life, and I forgot about him. 

The next morning while fixing my hair, I felt some eyes upon me.
Looking up I spotted Harold, he had a smile, I could see.

I smiled back, but then stopped dead, a web I saw he'd spun.
Then looking him square in the face I thought, "I'll get this one". 

But, my name was called and once again, Harold was forgotten...
And all the while he was sitting there on his web of fluffy cotton. 

It wasn't long again before, I spotted my eight legged friend.
He was above the door this time, so I knew his life must end. 

Close to escape, I had to hurry, I didn't have much time.
I called my brother, he came a'runnin to smash Harold into slime. 



With one big swat he came tumbling down, and went to heaven knows where.
After searching in vain both high and low, he was discovered in D's hair. 



With a shake and a fling of his golden-brown locks, Harold was flung to floor.
There was no breath, there was no pulse... poor Harold was no more.




Harold was a real good friend, the best spider in our town.
We said some words and shed a tear before we flushed him down.



R.I.P. 
Harold "Itsy Bitsy" Spider
10/14/11~10/24/11

1 comment: