Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The science project

Yesterday I opened the freezer to get some ice cubes. 
This is what fell out...


"Mother!!" I yelled. (Like Nellie Olsen). :) "We have a bird in our freezer! This isn't the same bird that you found all those years ago in Prineville, and wanted to keep for a science project is it?" 
"Yup." 
*Oh dear*.
"Oh goodness. Do we still have the rabbit too?"
"No, we got rid of that when we moved." 
*Whew*.
"I still want to dissect the bird someday," mom says.
*She walks away*.
The more I looked at the poor bird the more I thought, "Poor birdie. We should've just buried it."


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love your mom!!! I was laughing out loud when I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just pretend that he's your parakeet that you've wanted! You can pull him out and put him on your finger to play with him... He's the closest thing to a parakeet that you've had. So close and yet so far... lol
    I think that you should name him. It's been years and I think he has earned a name... :P
    I love lookin' at your blog! Keep it up!
    <3 -Talia

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Talia! That is what my dad told me!! "Well you've always wanted a bird, and look. We've had one all along. Maybe you should play with your pet once in awhile huh? Instead of keeping him locked up in the freezer." I wouldn't mind naming him though. And yes. It's a HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think he needs a name. (But be careful, if you get to attached to him its going to be harder to dissect him. lol ☺ )
    -Talia❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh deary......
    I don't blame you for screaming!
    how many years did you say you had it!
    You should name him Gelid Budgie!
    In case your wondering I looked up 'frozen' and 'bird'
    in the Thesaurus and chose the most random synonyms!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete