Friday, May 27, 2011

A grand affair

Apparently the Rapture was last Saturday. Umm, I'm still here. Is this bad or what? While the world was supposedly ending around me, I was dancing the night away at the Count of Monte Cristo Ball. :)

Trust me. You'd go crazy too. After 3 1/2 hours of breathing in hairspray in a bathroom with 4 girls and lots and lots of curls, well, you get the idea.
Who knew that regency buns could take so long. It was so much fun. Crazy and squished, but fun none the less. :)


I did Bre's hair, and she was so much fun to do. She was so trusting and let me go for it! I twisted it back and then curled the bottom. It was very simple, but it was just right with her fancy ball gown. Lovely Breanne. :)


This is us right before we left. 


One more quick snapshot outside. I really like this one. 


Kara and her dad (Mr. Langley). I'm still working on getting my dad to join me at a ball. :)
Here's the dance list in order.
1. Never Love Thee More
2. The Spaniard
3. Physical Snob
4. Trip to Paris
5. Peace be With You
6. Freeford Gardens
7. The Dressed Ship
8. Spanish Waltz
9. Turn of the Tide
10. Row Well, Ye Mariners 
11. Money in both Pockets
12. A Double Duet
And for a finale we did Marie's Wedding! :)




Ashley Philips and I were partners for this dance, called Peace Be With You. It was so much fun dancing with friends. :)



At 10:00 our joyous evening came to an end. No, not because the world ended, but because the ball was over, and it was time for all  fair ladies, and young gentlemen to go home.

By the way there's a new date for the rapture: October 21st. Watch out! 
*Roles eyes.*
Oh please.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the ball!!!!
    btw, I wonder if the world ended six days ago but,
    no one seemed to notice? ha! I wonder what the guy
    who predicted the end is doing now!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun..So fun!! I like the way your post is. (lots better then mine)
    I'm getting better.
    I had never done Maris wedding!! I loved it!!

    Love Kara

    ReplyDelete