Tuesday, June 12, 2012

the fawn.














Oh, what a weekend. Three cheers for a successful garage sale!! We went up to Katelyn's grad party for a bit in the afternoon, ate dinner at Taco Bell, and then relaxed and watched a movie. :) We had church up at the Blanchard's on Sunday, the boys went swimming in the creek, and Katelyn and I relaxed and looked at Pintrest. ;) We went to a fun concert that night, went out to ice cream and to the park. :) 
Yesterday we were all tired. Who knew how much work a garage sale took!! Man oh man. It was fun to work with friends though. 
Today I did laundary, school, picked Brock up from drum lessons, and more school. I was just getting tired of sitting inside, this afternoon, when Dawson came running inside and said, "There's a fawn in the trees, and I got, from me to you away from it"! I was a little skeptical. But, I ran down to look, and sure enough, the little guy was standing right next to Brock! I really wanted to pet it, but I was scared. Finally I did, and it was so soft and furry. It didn't even flinch when I touched it the first time, but the second time (after D ran up to get the camera) it pushed it's head up to rub on my hand. Aww.. it was the cutest little guy. 
Then I came up with the bight idea to feed him an apple. Weelll, as Brock pointed out (once I had my apple all ready on a stick), "Um, it drinks milk". 
Right. 
Soooo.... after decided we probably shouldn't feed it milk in case the mamma wouldn't come back....we left it alone.

It was fun though! ;)




Have you ever had an awesome experience with wild animals? 

(By wild I mean in the wild. Not lions and tigers. Well... I guess it could be lions and tigers..... )

=)




1 comment: