Wednesday, February 22, 2012

swing it.

A couple of weekends ago we had a swing night up at the Blanchards barn. 

I was able to throw an outfit together, and it was so much fun to wear!


Joelle watched me get ready and snapped a couple of pictures. 

The dress was $10 at goodwill.
I had the headband.
The (long) necklace is 2 of my mom's necklaces put together. 


I made the choker. 
I found the fur coat under my mom's bed. 
Dawson't made the cigarette.
I put on some red lipstick, and stuck a few feathers in my headband. 


The purse is from Mexico. (My souvenir from our mission trip. It's an oxi-moron, I know). ;)


You can't see my shoes here, but they're red flats with a bow. ;)

Brock was over at the Humlie's, all afternoon, picking out outfits with Manny. (They also got a coffee.... SCARY???) He ended up looking like a 1920'd golfer. Haha. 
They all looked so great!


Here we are right before leaving. 
The bow ties looked very 20's. They did such a good job at picking out their outfits... and with zero help from any of us girls (which is usually the case). I was so proud! *tear* ;)


And here is the last picture before my camera.... sadly.... died. 


 The rest of the night consisted of dancing, dancing....and more dancing. Not all swing dancing, I must confess. Somewhere during the evening the boys got tired of Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble, and turned on something a little more "upbeat". Although, Sing, Sing, Sing, is pretty up beat if you ask me me! But, anyways, all in all it was a fun night that ended with a movie and dancing..... 
....on the Kinect. 

1 comment:

  1. You look like you walked right out of an old movie, Makenna! You looked fantastic! :)
    -Talia

    ReplyDelete