Thursday, April 12, 2012

sixteen going on seventeen.

Hi... long time no see. It's been awhile. Things have been C-R-A-Z-Y in my neck of the woods. Just to give you a taste: I have a new job cleaning the Bella Casa office where my dad works. I've also been babysitting, planning Zambia fundraisers, playing on the ELT worship band and working on fitting two years of high school into one.


 Joelle has a part in the next Gallery Theatre musical, and Brock and Dawson are both in baseball (which means I've also been playing taxi driver). I'm not complaining.... most of what I do is fun. I mean movie nights, concerts, lunch dates and running.... it's all fun, but it's just all making me so busy. And honestly... I love it. :) I'd much rather be busy then bored. MUCH rather. :)


Sixteen has come and gone and now I have a whole year of being seventeen ahead of me! :)



I had a great birthday. Grandma and Grandpa came over for lunch. 



I opened my gifts from everyone, and I recieved a purse from Joelle AND Dawson! I had asked for them and I couldn't decide between them so they got me both. :)


Mom and Dad gave me a whole new comforter set! It's a watercolor flower print and I love it. 


I counted all the ways this birthday was significantly different from last year. 
1. I drove.


2. I went for a run.


3. Ashley bought me coffee (I didn't know Ashley or like coffee at this time last year).
and...


4. I curled my hair. (Last year my hair decided to be naturally curly). ;)


I have to say this year was a very special year with lots of new experiences. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me in the year ahead!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!!!!! :) Hope you have a great 17th year!!
    Love you, Makenna!!! :)
    <3
    -Talia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Makenna!! :) I can't wait to see what the next year holds for you either.

    ReplyDelete