Thursday, February 24, 2011

snow day


So, I was going to write about how we didn't get any snow this winter, and how we had to make our own. We put them up in our windows to make ourselves feel better. A winter without snow? Come on!


I was planning on writing this yesterday. 

Well, guess what I found when I woke up? 

This...


                                        A light dusting. But, none the less, Snow!


                                                      
                        (Yes, 1/2 an inch is a big deal around here.)


    So, then I was going to post these pictures and say that we ended up getting snow after all!        
                                   

    That's what I was going to post this morning. Weeel, you'll never guess what I woke up to this morning.  
                                 
                               Yep, snow. 4 inches to be exact.



Fun, fun, super fun.


The first thing we did this morning, even before breakfast, was dig out our snow stuff and go romping around the property. We just didn't want to take the chance that it might melt before we got to eat some of it! :)


A little 3 year-old girl from our church told me, "God makes it snow. He throws it up, and it falls down on us... and then we eat it!" 

                                                      
                                        Happy snow day. :)

5 comments:

  1. A litte snow is a big deal here!! I love the way the trees look! I was driving past today and I saw them but I didn't have my camera with me! :-\ I'm glad you got pictures! Their so pretty! :) -Talia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took beautiful pictures, Makenna. So proud of you. Great writing, great pictures . . . I'm a fan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We woke up with a light dusting here in Prineville, and it's still snowing right now. But you McMinnville people sure win the prize! At least for today:) Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love snow! its so beautiful, it truly is one of Gods greatest gifts to us, until it melts! oh well it was fun while it lasted

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete