Thursday, August 9, 2012

surfing. part two of three.



I was a little scared to get going. As I mentioned before I have never really spent much time in the ocean...and I know the waves can be very unpredictable. My main worry was that if and when I fell off the board, it would come up and hit me in the head! 


Come to find out, my main problem during the whole time we were out there, was just getting the stupid board far enough out into the water! It's was so stinkin' heavy! 

Once was finally able to drag the board out far enough so I could have a decent ride....I had to jump on and lay on my stomach. Then paddle, paddle, paddle, watch the waves, get up to my knees and then once (yes just ONCE), I was able to get all the way to my feet before crashing into onto the beach. 




Talia was so funny to watch....she was having a blast! :)




Joshua was rocking it out there! He and Eli were both naturals! :)


Here Ash and I are trying our best to tug that stupid board out into the ocean. 


Here I am... on my knees.....this is how I was most of the time...haha. :)


We had such a fun time!!

Stay tuned in for, the last of this three part series, to see some pictures of our "land adventures". 

:)

2 comments:

  1. Haha this made me laugh! I was having so much fun! And that pic of me... Yeah, I put a whole new spin on surfing.. ;) But I did stand 3 (maybe 4) times!............................ for about 3 seconds each time. lol
    -Talia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I love the picture at the bottom of the 3 boys! Hehehe What goofsticks! (Yes, Goofsticks)
    -Talia

    ReplyDelete