Tuesday, August 14, 2012

racing away. (in more ways than one).

We had to wake up early sunday morning, but we got to run at a beautiful park, with great friends, and raise money for a great cause! 
A few years ago some friends of ours lost a their little baby to the disease CDH. We all decided to support them and run this race in memory of little, baby Grace. :) 
CDH occurs in 1 of every 2500 births. 50% of the babies diagnosed with CDH do not survive. The cause is not yet known, but we want to change that! There was a great turn out for this fundraiser so we are praying that the money will help with research and hopefully a cure will be found soon!



This was right after we got our bib numbers.....can you tell I was still a still a little tired??


 There were a bunch of photographers there, and I got these pictures off the website. 
One lady told us, "you guys are my most excited group so I need a picture". 



Bethany and Luke showing off her new engagment ring!!!! Haha, they were goofs..... "look a camera what should we do..... oh ya LOOK AT THE RING!!!!" ;)




Our pose was a little less dramatic..... hang loose, a wave, and ....nano-nano. :)

It's only been a few days since the race, but now a whole to exciting day is upon us....... tomorrow.....(drumroll please.......)..... WE LEAVE FOR ZAMBIA!!!!!!!!

It will be my 

-too-many-times-to-count, time flying.....

-my 2nd time leaving the country.....

-my 2nd mission trip and my 2nd time flying over the ocean....

BUT.

It will be my

-1ST TIME IN AFRICA!!!!!

I recently saw a sign that said, "It's a disaster when your country has an obesity epidemic and a skinny jeans fad". It's scary how little most of us actually know (and care) about the cultures and people in 3rd world countries. We're so obsessed with too many relatively unimportant things. On this trip I'm hoping to gain a new perspective on life, and learn all I can from the village people. I've been praying about being open and hearing God lead, and so far I've felt him pushing me towards Africa, and towards this trip.  I'm so excited to see what He's got in store for me there!!! 

I'm way to excited to say anymore, except that.... you will be swamped with a bazillion photos when I get home. :)

So, this is me, the person who is to excited to sleep and to nervous to eat (and just plain giddy), signing off. 

See you on September 2nd. 

~Makenna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment