Friday, October 14, 2011

Marathon... the full story.

This post is going to be a little different then most pervious posts. Instead of posting pictures and videos of the marathon I decided to put them all together into a video/slideshow. Hey, I had a lot of time on my hands, on Monday, while I was resting. :) 


The video starts with us pinning on our bibs and trying to figure out where to go, to get to our waves. (The race started in 3 waves. Walkers, runners, and experienced runners). But, really our day started long before that. At 4.15 to be exact. I barely had enough time to get out of bed, get dressed and braid my hair, before everyone arrived at our house, at 4.50, to load up. Eli, Luke, the rest of my family, and all 9 other runners carpooled up together. On the ride there, Katelyn, Bethany and I were bouncing off the walls, to say the least. When we got to Portland it was 6.15 and still dark out. We jumped out and Dad and Luke went to park the cars. That's where the pictures start. :) We hunted for our waves, and then prayed together before we split up. We wished each other good luck and were off! 



My time was 6.33. I was hoping to get 5.30, but my knees were really hurting me for the last 4 or 5 miles. Thank goodness I had my knee braces (and Brittney)! We walked/ran the end of the race. I'm going to do it again next year and try to blow my time out of the water. =) 
Here are a few more pictures....


Brittney and I one mile away!!




Almost there!


We all look so chipper for being so tired. 


We had a FANTASTIC cheering section!!!! Thank you all for being there. The support was amazing! :)


We were so excited to see that finish line!! :D



Bethany pointing the way for her mom. 


It was chilly, but friends showed up and braved the cold weather to cheer us on. 
What good friends! :)





All done. :)


The boys were such good sports. I mean, I'm sure they enjoyed it for the first couple of hours, but after sitting at the finish line for 5 hours I think they were ready to go eat. :)



So happy to be done!!

We ended our day by going out to eat at a BBQ restaurant. Mmm... great way to end the day. Food! ;) As soon as we left the parking lot, on our way home, I zonked out. I was so pooped out! I was finally warm, full, tired and comfortable. Ahh...


It's hard to believe that it was a whole year ago when we all put our hands on the table, and made our decision to run a marathon together. 



Now one year later, with friendships (and legs) grown stronger...



WE COMPLETED A MARATHON!! 

:D

1 comment:

  1. HURRAY!! I'm so proud of you!! :-)
    YAAA.... I'm ready to do it with you this next year!
    Your such a Awesome friend... I'm glad I could cheer you!

    Love Kara

    ReplyDelete