Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Car Wash!

What to you get when you cross
 -a group of teenagers with tons of energy.....
-a seven year-old boy that needs to be brought home from Africa...
-and lots of soap and water??

A CAR WASH!!!


We arrived at 11, set up our canopy, finished signs, and had a prayer time together. 


Then we sent the 1st shift of sign holders out to the road to bring us some business. 


Of course keeping each other cool was a must. I mean... what are friends for anyway?? 






Even our mom's helped out!


Ashley and I stole the guys' sunglasses. :) Stylin'...





Poor Joshua.... washing that big truck all alone. 


Oh wait. Here comes some help. 


Everyone did such a great job. It was so much fun, but very tiring. 




We ended up making over $300. We gave all the proceeds to the Rue family to help them bring Tariku home. :)


We are all so tired afterwards so we went over to the Humlies where we crashed and watched a movie. 
What a fun day! 

:)

3 comments:

  1. That was so fun!! To bad I didn't make it that time.

    I'm glad we made lots of money for that family! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that! I loved getting soaked too! That was a blast! Glad we made so much money! =D

    ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time we made $512!! I was excited they were at study the other night. ;) I love that family and they're hearts... very encouraging. :)

    ReplyDelete