Thursday, July 21, 2011

My toast was well.... toast.

As You probably already gathered from past posts I tend to make mistakes, generally in the kitchen.... while home alone. I really try not to be so haphazard but just don't know how I manage to pull it off almost everytime I'm home alone. Well this time I managed to light my toast on fire. My morning went a little something like this:

 I'm home alone, and I'm reading my book on the couch. All of a sudden the smoke alarm starts going nuto!! Then I remember MY TOAST!! (It's been in for at least 15 minutes by now). So I run into the kitchen covering my ears while franticly searching for something to grab the toast with. I open the toaster and POOF oxygen gets in, and the toast is well... toast. Ahem! So it caught on fire right? So now I'm thinking "Oh please... why me?" Ya know? 


So... *deep breath*... I grab it and run it outside, but then I think, "This is what I do when it's smoking, but this is ON FIRE!!" So I run back inside and dunk it in the sink. Then I call Joshua and ask him how to turn off the smoke alarm because I couldn't get ahold of my daddio. He tells me to wave a towel in front of it. (Thanks Joshua. I'm not a total dummy). So now I'm up on a stool waving a towel in front of it and it finally shuts up. So now I have all the doors and window open now and.... oh my. I wonder if my parents will let me stay home alone anymore... SOMETHING ALWAYS BURNS, BLOWS UP, CATCHES ON FIRE or OVERFLOWS. AH!!


Here's my ash toast right where it landed. When it was smoking I carried it outside and it just kind of disintegrated onto the porch. 
I'm so thankful nothing caught on fire. It wasn't scary while it was happening because I was just trying to get it taken care of. Afterwards I realized how bad it could've been. I'm really trying to be good now and WATCH my toast until it's done and be MORE CAREFUL ALL THE TIME. 

Whew.

10 comments:

  1. Ok ok, now hang on a sec! I heard about this story and i was told that the very kind and extremely gracious young man who helped you in your time of desperate need, told you first to use a towel but also said something else. Let's see now what was it?.....well i believe it was....hmmm......something like.....oh yeah.....TAKE THE BATTERIES OUT!!! But did you listen to that advise? Nooooo you were too busy wavin' your towel;) Well at least everything turned out ok in the end:)

    yours truly,
    a concerned citizen:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa...

    I have heard this story a million times...LoL

    Is the Anonymous coment by Joshua?

    Love Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Concerned Citizen,
    You are right. The very kind and extremely gracious young man, who helped in my time of need, DID say to wave a towel, BUT ALSO said if all else fails take out the batteries. Now imagine with me: The house is about to catch fire, ok, i saved the house. Now I'm stressed out and the smoke alarm is going buzurk. After I read your text I did the first thing you said... I don't believe at the time i read the whole text. Now that you've imagined my frame of mind i hope you understand. But, I sincerely apologize. in truth, I liked picking on you.... (you haven't been much better yourself.) So every time you make a perfect piece of toast DON'T TELL ME, and I'll remain sincerely sorry.

    Sincerely,
    A friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, deal! i'll go tell joshua so he knows;)

    -a concerned citizen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why thank you. :)

    -A friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome. :P

    -a concerned citizen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What the heck! You're camping! uh??.... this is getting freaky... Whoever is doing an impersonation is gonna get it. I'm gonna count to 3!

    -a very VERY concerned friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Makenna! I know some people like their food 'well cooked' but don't you think catching it on fire is a little... extreme? xD

    ~Talia~

    p.s.
    I've read this several times and I just can't figure you and Joshua out... Hahaha All I know is you guys are weird (But your a good weird. Not a bad weird. There is a difference... =))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! I JUST got your "I'm gonna count to 3" thing. lol "I'm gonna count to 3 then..... Your gonna.... I'll.... YOU WILL HAVE TO SIT IN THE CORNER!"
    hahaha
    ~Talia~

    (NO KIDDING! the "Joshua impersonator" will be sitting in the corner!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, Talia. Yes,I'm not gonna deny. I'm weird. I'm only gonna speak for myself because he, who will remain unnamed, would probably get upset with me if i spoke for him too. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete