Friday, June 24, 2011

FINALLY... the RACE!!

I finally found a minute to blog about the race. Sorry that it took so long.

Well! Saturday morning came cloudy and dreary. It wasn't really rainy, but it wasn't sunny to say the least. Thank goodness though! If it would've been any warmer we would've died! 
We arrived at about 8:15 to register and get our bibs and t-shirts. 
I was number 414. :)


After registration we had like a half an hour to stand around and be nervous. The more you think about it the more you have to go to the bathroom again or have to get another drink of water. By the time the race actually started I was a jittery wreck. Ready to go!


Us before. You can tell I'm nervous by the way I couldn't keep my legs still for the picture. Haha. :)


Ashley and Gabrielle were such good running buddies! Love you guys!



Gabrielle works at Excel Gym and she was part of the Excel team.




Standing around being nervous and icing your hip is not a way I would recommend starting out, but hey. It worked for us. :)


And we're off! The first mile was so much fun because everyone was pumped up and excited. We were somewhere towards the middle when we started. The guys (and some girls) out in front were crazy fit. Their arms were as big around (or bigger)then my legs... it was pretty intimidating. 
But! All that to say, we ran... and ran, and ran, and then ran some more. We ran for six miles before the finish line was in sight. Then after about another 1/2 mile we arrived!! 


Hugs all around! What a fun accomplishment to do with friends.


Here we are. Dead tired and ready for a shower. Haha. 

So there you go! Better late then never right? :)



4 comments:

  1. WooooHoooo!!!!!!!!!! Good job you guys!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    -Talia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that was a blast! And you didn't even mention that 1) you finished strong, which is important. :) and 20 we kept a 10:40 pace, which isn't half bad. ;) I'm excited for your next race!
    ~*~Gabrielle~*~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Makenna! I am so proud of you! I wish I could have been there to cheer you on. :( But I guess you will just have to imagine me cheering from here. :) Keep "running your race!" You are excelling well.

    Love you girl!

    Your friend Adrianna. :)

    ReplyDelete