Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dreams of ball gowns, gowns and more gowns...

Every Thursday night, at 7:00pm, I go English Country Dancing.


Now that might sound boring, but I assure you, it's one of the funnest things on the planet!
We do all kinds of dances from Irish jigs, to waltzes. 
Whenever I do one of the slower waltzes I wish I was wearing a long flowing gown. 
A Regency Gown.


Somehow, regency gowns are appropriate for almost any ball. (Not 7 brides for 7 brothers though... haha).

I want to sew one REALLY bad. 
I'm still deciding what colors and such. 
I'm thinking maybe a light, earthy green.
If I do that then the clear fabric over it would probably be like the fabric in the first picture. 
I also can't decide if I want long or short sleeves. I might have to do one of each!



Here you can see the top of the short sleeve gown. This is a darker green then what I was thinking, but it looks really good. Hmmmm...


Here's the top of the long sleeve gown. I like the style of both the long and the short. :)
The next ball is The Count of Monte Cristo. 


A regency gown would be perfect for that. 
Well, I shall bid you good night, and go back to my dreaming and planning. Hopefully this will pan out. =)

5 comments:

  1. Ohh, soo pretty!!!!! ECD is super super amazing fun!!!! XD Thanks for making me go, your a real friend! ; )

    Well, see you tonight!

    Bryanna

    p.s. Can we make a gown together? To me, sewing is torture, but to get that dress, I'll do it! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the dress you make!:) I now it will be so pretty! Keep blogging!
    Erin

    P.S. Two of my favorite movies: Emma and Leap Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Pretty Dresses!!
    I cant believe that I actually like ECD!! Cant wait for this weeks!!

    Love Kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that last picture from the Count of Monte cristo??

    Love Kara

    ReplyDelete